Monday, October 25, 2010

Beloved, Stand With Confidence



I’m feeling a little feisty this morning! God has, without any doubt, given me a warrior's spirit. It has been a huge part of who I am since birth. Though it would shine through from time to time this spirit has been, for the most part, restrained and dormant inside. I can’t yet tell you why, but I know God has His reasons and timing for everything. This all changed in July of this year. In July I entered into a 40 day fast. Someday I will share the details of this fast but for right now let me just say that it was intense. Battles were waged and chains were broken. I was freed of things that haunted me and held me back my entire life. All glory to Him. Since that time the warrior’s spirit God placed inside of me has started to manifest more and more. I am finding myself seeing more and more the works of satan around me. I have had feelings and known things of this nature in the past but have never seen them with such clarity and confidence.

1 John 4:1 (King James Version)
1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

We are called to resist the devil.

James 4:7 (King James Version)
7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
So I say to you now, beloved you are strong! You have the Holy Spirit, God Himself, inside of you. The story has already been told and we know how it ends. God wins! As His children we win with Him. I want to encourage you. Stand up! Take your birthright! Resist with all your might the one who would condemn and destroy you. Know that it is not your strength that you are relying on but rather the strength of Him who lives within you. When we are able to truly do this, rest in His strength rather than ours, we will NEVER grow weary. We can battle and resist infinitely. Stand strong and be encouraged in your faith. Put action to it. God will show you that it is possible to rest even in battle.

Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version)
31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment