Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Letters to Lynn - Day 43

I miss you so much! You are worth fighting for! I love you!....



"So, what day are you on?


Forty-three.


There's only 40.


Who says l have to stop?


Caleb...


...l don't know how to process this.


This is not normal for you.


Welcome to the new normal.


You didn't wanna do this at first,
did you?


No.


But halfway through, l realized...


...that l did not understand
what love was.


And once l understood that,
l wanted to do it.


Caleb, l want to believe
that this is real.


But l am not ready
to say that l trust you again.


l understand that.


But whether you ever reach
that point or not...


...l need you
to understand something.


l am sorry.


l have been so selfish.


For the past seven years,
l have trampled on you...


...with my words
and with my actions.


l have loved other things
when l should have loved you.


ln the last few weeks...


...God has given me a love for you
that l had never had before.


And l have asked him to forgive me.


And l am hoping, l am praying...


...that somehow
you would be able to forgive me too.


Catherine, l do not want to live
the rest of my life without you.


l'm supposed to give
those divorce papers...


...to my lawyer next week.


l just....


l need some time...


...to think.


You can have all the time you need."



No comments:

Post a Comment