Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lindsay McCaul- Come Rest

This is a great new song by Lindsay McCaul. I can’t even begin to count the number of times I have tried to win the Lords love. I know I’m not alone in this. I think anyone who is reading this would be hard pressed to say they have never tried to earn love. We do it with God and also the loved ones we surround ourselves with. We think if we just work a little harder we can get them to love us. We exhaust ourselves to the point of death.

Psalm 127:2 (ESV)
It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.

I have at times been the Martha to my wife’s Mary…

Luke 10:38-42 (KJV)
38Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

39And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

40But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

41And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

42But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

I saw irresponsibility instead of love and submission. Oh how wrong I was.

Are there any others out there who can relate? Have you attempted salvation by works only to come up short? Who is your Mary? Is it possibly time to ask for their forgiveness? Is it time to forgive them… and yourself?

God bless beloveds!




The story behind the song...

2 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts. (Though it seems as though you meant you were the Martha, not the Mary. Or am I reading it backwards?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! :) No, you are totally right! I will make the correction. Thanks for letting me know. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete