Thursday, July 12, 2012

Giving Him Pleasure - Quick Word Study


Giving Him pleasure...


Yet, the LORD, the God of Israel, chose me from all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever. For He has chosen Judah to be a leader; and in the house of Judah, my father's house, and among the sons of my father He took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel. (1 Chronicles 28:4 NASB)

For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;  No evil dwells with You. (Psalm 5:4 NASB)

He does not delight in the strength of the horse;  He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man. (Psalm 147:10 NASB)



For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;  He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation. (Psalm 149:4 NASB)

"What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?"  Says the LORD.  "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams  And the fat of fed cattle;  And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats. (Isaiah 1:11 NASB)

Therefore the Lord does not take pleasure in their young men,  Nor does He have pity on their orphans or their widows;  For every one of them is godless and an evildoer,  And every mouth is speaking foolishness.  In spite of all this, His anger does not turn away  And His hand is still stretched out. (Isaiah 9:17 NASB)

Declaring the end from the beginning,  And from ancient times things which have not been done,  Saying, 'My purpose will be established,  And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'; (Isaiah 46:10 NASB)

"Assemble, all of you, and listen!  Who among them has declared these things?  The LORD loves him; he will carry out His good pleasure on Babylon,  And His arm will be against the Chaldeans. (Isaiah 48:14 NASB)

But the LORD was pleased  To crush Him, putting Him to grief;  If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,  He will see His offspring,  He will prolong His days,  And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. (Isaiah 53:10 NASB)

Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live? (Ezekiel 18:23 NASB)

For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live." (Ezekiel 18:32 NASB)

Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?' (Ezekiel 33:11 NASB)

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. (Philippians 2:12-13 NASB)

He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven. (Colossians 1:18-20 NASB)

IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE. "THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME  (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME)  TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.'" After saying above, "SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them " (which are offered according to the Law), (Hebrews 10:6-8 NASB)

BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH;  AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM. (Hebrews 10:38 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment