Sunday, July 1, 2012

War


"Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle;
My lovingkindness and my fortress,
My stronghold and my deliverer,
My shield and He in whom I take refuge,
Who subdues my people under me." ~ Psalm 144:1-2 (NASB)


Beloveds...


Shortly after I published my last post I came extremely close to deleting it.  As I looked it over one last time I thought to myself...  "This has to be some of the worst writing you have ever done".  It was not the image I wanted to put forward.  My finger was on the button but then a smile came to my face.


You see, since I have decided to start writing again, I have been suffering from writer's block.  I have thousands of things to say but when I sit down to put them to screen I jam up.  I start over-thinking things, sacrificing the good for the perfect.  So I sat back and I said to myself, SCREW IT!  :)  What you see is what you get, an imperfect warrior who has a bleeding heart for God and has laid everything at His feet.


I heard His voice say,  "That post was written for someone, as is, and I am going to bless them with it".  If that happens to be you... bon appetit.  He loves you!

It boils down to this...  This is a war.  The enemy of your soul would like nothing better than to keep you
frozen in fear.  If you never act you will never accomplish anything.  Spiritual warfare has always amazed me.  Often and ironically it seams when a man or woman finds and veraciously commits him or herself to the will of God in their life, attacks of the enemy are sure to follow.  Are you kidding!  After my post "The Gloves Are Off" is when I took one of, if not the, biggest blows of my life!  Sometime I will tell you about my multiple fasts, how much more intimately I came to know my God as well as the spiritual attacks that followed.

Though the Bible says His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:29-30) and that we are protected (Psalm 91:1-16), it's also clear there will be times of trial in our lives (John 16:33, 1 Peter 5:8, 1 Peter 4:12, Romans 5:3, James 1:2, etc).  Though we face a defeated enemy, to the extent we give it to him, he does have authority in this dispensation.

When you take a swing at the devil, which I personally think you should every chance you get (2 Timothy 1:7), you better be grounded in God and suited up with every gift He has given you.  (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Know who you are in Him.  Know in the end it's not you, but Him through you.  He has trained you for the path He has called you walk.  Even more than that He has promised to never leave you.  So get in the game and throw an elbow or two!
"Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." ~ James 4:7 (NASB)

Father God I love you so much!  I speak against the spirits of fear, pride, and selfishness the stifle the love you have for your children.  I stand thankful for all the good things you have put in my life.  I choose you!  I submit to you completely and will follow you irregardless the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment